I have decided to participate in Kelly Elmore’s “All About Me in 30 Days” Challenge.
Since I mostly have poetry and a few paragraphs in my blog posts, I thought this would be a fun way for my readers to get to know me. All of my challenge posts will be in the new category “Challenges”. This really is a challenge because I am a very private person, especially when it comes to sharing about myself on the internet.
I will make a new post every day for 30 days.
I usually tweet links to new posts 6 or so times a day, and post a link to Facebook twice a day. For these challenge posts I will only post a link to them on Facebook once a day, and I will tweet a link to them twice per day- once in the morning and once in the evening.
If you want to make sure you will not miss a day, click the “Sign me up!” button in the menu bar.
I may do more Challenges in the future, so be sure to comment and let me know if you like this series of blog posts. This is the first post…
Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
1. I have been writing poetry since I was 11, so that means I have been writing poetry for 14 years.
2. I have one son and one husband and plan to keep it that way.
3. I mostly write in free verse or couplets.
4. I am a redhead. (only 1 out of 5,000 people are)
5. I have written 386 poems (84 of which are Japanese poems) to date.
6. I hate Wal-Mart but its the easiest place to shop.
7. I am working on a book of poetry.
8. I come from a large family, and I love it.
9. I threw away about 20 of the poems I wrote in Jr. High, and about 15 I wrote after High School.
10. I love to sing but am pretty sure I’m tone-deaf.
11. I want to try painting, but have not found the time.
12. I love to take photos but my camera is getting old.
13. I grew up on a farm, but have found myself liking (small) city life.
14. I babysit a little boy for extra money during the day.
15. Most of my regular poems are 12 lines long, I have no idea why.